Wednesday 15 August 2012

Photography as exploration of our inner life, spirituality & healing

Nick Turpin says about doing street photography,

"It makes me feel special to be there but not to be chatting, not to be shopping or not even be heading for some where else. I feel like I am invisible to the passing crowds. This in turn leads to my sense of self, which is the finest feeling of all."

Street Photography Now p207

In a spiritual context this is a statement about unitive ie mystical experience. Nick points up another ability within raised spiritual consciousness here;

"For me, pictures made in a shopping street or business district of a city reveal as much about our world as pictures made in places of international conflict or famine or environmental disaster."

Posted via email from sunwalking's posterous

No comments: